Instructions For Authors
Tasarım+Kuram is the journal of the Mimar Sinan University of Fine Arts, Faculty of Architecture. It is an anonymously double blind peer-reviewed journal that publishes original articles, research briefs, book reviews and viewpoints on planning, architecture, design and construction. It aims to promote ideas and to contribute to the development of the academic-professional environment, in disciplines of architecture, city and regional plannlng, interior design, industrial design and in other related disciplines. Three issues are released every year in March, July, November.
Related Fields of the Journal
Design, Theory, Research, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Urban Design, Urban Conservation, Restoration and Conservation, History and Theory, Human-Environment Relations, Building Science, Natural Environmental Design and Construction Project Management, Design Education
Notes for the Authors
- Within the scope of Design + Theory Journal; all theoretical, practical, and critical articles written in Turkish or English under the publication principles and writing rules are accepted for evaluation for publication. It is assumed that the manuscripts submitted to the journal have not been previously published in another publication. Design + Theory Journal does not consider it appropriate for the submitted article to be peer-reviewed in two journals at the same time. All responsibility of the articles to be published in the Design + Theory Journal belongs to the author(s). The articles submitted to the journal for evaluation are evaluated by the editorial board before being taken into the referee process, and if deemed necessary, an "editorial board evaluation report" is written and a revision is requested for the articles. The revised articles are included in the referee evaluation process if deemed appropriate by the Board. A total of two referees are consulted during the refereeing process. In case of significant differences in the opinions of the referees regarding the acceptance of the article, the opinion of the 3rd referee is taken. Manuscripts that are not accepted for publication by the referees are returned to their authors. No text and/or visual material in the journal can be used without the permission of the owner.
- To protect anonymity, only the title should appear on the manuscript. Text and abstract should not be longer than 7000 words; this includes the title, subtitles and notes, and excludes the referances and information regarding tables.
While the Turkish summary of the article consists of approximately 250 words, the English summary should be uploaded to the system as an "extended abstract" consisting of approximately 700-800 words. Defining the research question of the study discussed in the article in the extended summary; clearly articulating the goals to be achieved in the study; a brief description of the method used to achieve the set goals; It is expected that the data obtained and the results reached will be briefly discussed and the results of the study are clearly stated.)
Ethics Committee Approval
Ethics Committee Approval Report for the studies mentioned below should be uploaded to the journal together with the article.
- Any research carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques,
- Use of humans and animals (including material / data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
- Clinical researches on humans,
- Researches on animals,
- Retrospective studies in accordance with the law of protection of personal data,
- In the case reports, it should be stated that the “informed consent form” was taken,
References and Footnotes;
- Identify all references to books and other sources at an appropriate point in the main text by authors last name, year of publication, and pagination where appropriate, all within paranthesİs (Tekeli 1992, 23 - 27). If more than one reference to the same author and year, distinguish between them by use of letters (a, b, ...) attached to year of publication: (Tekeli 1992 a, 30-37) and (Tekeli 1992 b, 47-53). This is valid also for the references.
- Specify subsequent citations of the same source similarly; do not use “ibid”, “op.cit” or “loc.cit”. If the autor's name is in the text, use only year and pagination of publication in parantheses, e.g. Tekeli (1992, 29).
- With dual authorship give both names: (İlkin ve Tekeli 1981, 61 -65). For three or more use “et. al.”, e.g. (Tekeli et. al. 1996, 101-102). Enclose within a single pair of parantheses a series of references separated by semicolons, e.g. (Ortaylı 1985, 52; Tekeli 1992, 23 - 27).
- Do not use a footnote for any references in the text; only use a footnote if you do not want to place a note within the text. List all entries cited in the text, any items used to prepare the manuscript in a separate headed references section.
The American Psychological Association (APA) citation method is used as the bibliography. You can access the correct use of the bibliography at the following link: https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines
There is no fee for our standard article submission and publication process.
Policy of screening for plagiarism
The manuscripts are scanned by the Publisher’s Office using the iThenticate program for determination of plagiarism and non-ethical situations.
Tasarım + Kuram is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Withdrawal of a manuscript will be permitted only for the most compelling and unavoidable reasons. For withdrawal of a manuscript authors need to submit an "Article withdrawal Form", signed by all authors mentioning the reason for withdrawal to the Editorial Office. The form is available from the web page of the journal. Authors must not assume that their manuscript has been withdrawn until they have received appropriate notification to this effect from the editorial office.
In a case where a manuscript has taken more than six months’ time for review process, that allows the author to withdraw manuscript.
After receiving the Article withdrawal Form, Tasarım + Kuram Editorial Board will investigate the reason of withdrawal.
If the reason finds to be acceptable, the author is allowed to withdraw the manuscript. If not Tasarım + Kuram will not accept any manuscripts from the same author for one year.
Important notes: Manuscripts may be withdrawn at any stage of review and publication process by submitting a request to the editorial office. Manuscript withdrawal will be permitted after submission only for the most compelling and unavoidable reasons.
If the author wants to withdraw a manuscript, the author needs to submit a completed "Article withdrawal Form", signed by all authors of the manuscript stating the reasons for manuscript withdrawal. The form is available from the web page of the journal.
The manuscript will not be withdrawn from publication process until a completed, signed form is received by the editorial office. Authors must not assume that their manuscript has been withdrawn until they have received appropriate notification to this effect from the Tasarım + Kuram editorial office.